Coconut Oil, Training, Chinese Medicine, REAL Food, Spirituality...and everything else in between

krb

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sleep it Off

Wow, it's amazing what a little sleep can do! Obviously I was a a tad burnt out yesterday. I slept in til 9:30am today, which is actually a miracle. My body has reached a point where many times it just wakes up despite the need for sleep. There are many explanations for this phenomenon, esp in TCM, but bottom line, I was freakin tired and just needed some good zzzzz's. ANd I had no crazy dreams! for the past few nites I have def had my share of insanely vivid and kind of scary dreams. They have all had a re-occuring theme of being trapped and me attempting to escape. While I'd simply luv to analyze this all day and figure it out, I don't think that's necessary. Yes, I do think it may be symbolic to where I have perceived myself to be lately, but who the hell knows. Today is a new day and I do know for sure that I am definitely not trapped, stuck, or stagnant. ANd there is nothing to be fearful of.
"it is time for a cleansing detoxification of your body and mind."
-Your vessel has become clogged by overuse of harsh chemicals, and the offending source is within your psyche. You've been ignoring your body's many signals and screams for relief from the steady ingestion of impurities. Perhaps you've also noticed a slump in your energy level, and your degree of joy has lagged as well. Never mind these past effects, though, as the solution is at hand right now. Now that you have heard this message, do not hesitate for a moment to make new arrangements. You'll want to keep a sharp focus on the contents of your mind and speech as well, for the words you think are the very diet that supports or thwarts you. Choose purity, and your outlook will change for the better.
Wow, this is my Goddess card for the day...How true it is. I think it just affirms what Im already recognizing. This just indicates that our intuition is a powerful tool many of us never tap into. We rely on our head vs our heart or our gut. WHen has your intuition really lied to you? WHen has your head deceived you? Hmmm, just a question to ponder. Anyways, this card is awesome. I do believe in detoxing ourselves every so often, this doesn't necessarily mean that we need to go on a detox diet or anything crazy like that, but simply look at your life and see if there is anything that is no longer serving you. For me, lately I realize my love affair with coffee is no longer serving me, its been fun, but it's time to part ways for a while. We have been meeting every morning for a little over 2 months and my body no longer needs or wants it. Simple! Also, we can look at the relationships in our lives, work, school, romantic, etc....are they contributing to my well-being? DO they rob me of energy? Spring time is usu the time when people whip out the vacuums and windex. We can also spring clean our spirits, bodies, and minds. We have to clear out "the old" to make room for the new.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more.

    Right now I am going through a really ackward stage in my life. Kinda like how you, myself, well all of us have gone through in the transition of elementary school to middle school.

    You feel weird, don't know who you are, going through different, new emotions, changing mentally, emotionally, physically, etc. Not sure what you stand for or morally believe.

    I feel like there is so much I need to "clean out." Mentally. I love your idea on cleaning out the old, to make room for the new. I mean really, how will I grow if I don't have any room to create new obstacles in my life? Dig Dig Dig Kyla, you have taught me so much with your simple insight.

    ReplyDelete