Coconut Oil, Training, Chinese Medicine, REAL Food, Spirituality...and everything else in between

krb

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Spring is in da Air!

Yes, that's right folks, spring time has arrived. The birds are singing, the sun is shining, and the little flowers outside my window are poppin up! Also, remember to turn your clocks forward tomorrow! Earlier at school I was teaching an instructor of mine, Dr. Cao about the "spring forward" and "fall back" concept...he said "You so smart!"
So today I pulled the same Goddess card not 1 but 2 x! At first I was a little freaked out by it, but saw beyond my 1st impressions of what I thought it meant.
FERTILITY- it is time for you to start new projects, access new ideas, and give birth to new conditions."
-Spring time is any time when the light increases within your mind and entire system. If you feel dark, heavy or depressed, then you can lighten up by fueling yourself with positive intentions, nutritious foods, and anything that sparks your feelings of love. Surround yourself with beautiful flowers, brighten the colors in your wardrobe and home, and draw back the curtains to let in natural light. You can paint a sunnier outlook within yourself, which will give rise to all sorts of new opportunities, since like attracts like. Feel more energized and powerful as you spruce up your inner and outer worlds. Then capitalize on this increased vigor by starting a new project that really makes your heart sing with excitement.
Well, I don't know about you, but whenever I hear about giving birth or fertility I think of one thing. And one day I welcome that! Just not at this moment in time:)
Anyways, this card is awesome, I swear these things are so right on it's scary sometimes. Spring is a time for re-birth, growth, change, metamorphosis...
And at this present moment I am actually harnessing and tapping into an abundant supply of fertile soil for new ideas, innovations, creations, passions, pursuits, and endeavors! I've been thinking a lot about this year and things I want to pursue and goals I really want to achieve. Yes, Im all for living in the moment but I am also for setting attainable goals and getting out there and really living!
In terms of T.C.M. Spring time in Five-Element Theory is associated with the Liver which is the Wood Element. In the Yin/Yang phase it is Yang Rising. Yang is energy, hot, bright, light, masculine, loud, fast, etc. It corresponds with morning time and the color Green. It represents evolution and adaptation, movement and growth. It houses the Ethereal Soul which is said to influence our capacity of planning our life and finding a sense of direction in life. It is the source of life dreams, vision, aims, projects, creativity and ideas.
Today was a nice low key day, I promised myself I wouldn't do any work, and I really didnt, minus being in forum this morning. It's important for us to schedule at least one day a week where we dont do any work and just take it easy. At least it is for me! I got a workout in and it was awesome, it was the same one I did on Monday, and boy do I love doing pull-ups! They really have a way of empowering you. It's totally a mental thing. Part of me get's up there and starts thinking "I can't do this" "What if I fall?" "Everyone will see me and laugh" "You arent strong enough to do these." hen I just kick that little voice to the curb and get into the zone as I like to call it:) This is where the power of your thoughts and attitudes can have a profound effect on your performance in a variety of things in life. Anyways, they are killer and I highly recommend that you at least give em a chance. Not to mention, I feel really cool after doing them and all the dudes at the gym are standing around waiting for their next set of bicep curls:) I cant wait to stay at the Simpson's house again, they have a pull up bar in their home gym so it's a perfect place to practice.
Also I found a site for really affordable chia seeds! They are expensive lil puppies! I've been looking all over and havent been able to find anything under $15 for a small bag! Alas...I discovered this site chiaseedsdirect.com, totally awesome! They are my new nutritional powerhouse, who would of thought those annpying commercials really had something of substance!? Ch-ch-ch-chia!

No comments:

Post a Comment