Coconut Oil, Training, Chinese Medicine, REAL Food, Spirituality...and everything else in between

krb

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Funday!

Yep, it's Sunday! And I ended up sleeping in til 10 am which for me is unheard of! I think my body is def regenerating itself after this long haul. I also got my results back from the proficiency test and Im very pleased with them. I actually stayed in last night and missed dancing:( but I was so beat and listening to my body seems like the wisest choice for me. And there will be plenty more times to go dance!
So with summer right around the corner there will be farmer's markets galore popping up and all the FRESH LOCAL produce will be upon us! I love it!
To me it really makes sense to eat what is in season and try your best to eat what is locally grown, good for your body and good for the planet as a whole!
So why eat ORGANIC???????
Yes, it has become quite trendy in recent years.
But beyond that there are many other benefits to eating organic. And I also believe it's unnecessary to go crazy and become obsessed with it, some things are ok if it is not organic.
One of the main types of food that you really should pay attn to being organic or not is your produce. WHy? Well, I dont know about you, but ingesting pesticides doesnt sound too appetizing! There are some fruits and vege's that are way more susceptible to absorbing pesticides while others do not. One good rule of thumb is to look at the peel or skin on the fruit or vege. If it has a thick skin or peel it does not become as contaminated. ALso, diff types of produce are grown and harvested differently so this affects it's pesticide level as well.
Here is a list of fruits and vege's that you should TRY your best to eat organic if possible-
peaches
apples
bell peppers
celery
nectarines
strawberries
cherries
kale
lettuce
grapes
carrots
pears

ANd here is a list of things that are "cleaner" as far as pesticide contamination goes-
onions
avocados
pineapple
asparagus
sweet peas
cabbage
eggplant
papaya
watermelon
broccoli
tomatoes
sweet potatoes
And to tell you the truth, I think most fruits and vege's taste better organic, and when I eat I really like having good quality food rather than mediocre, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment