Coconut Oil, Training, Chinese Medicine, REAL Food, Spirituality...and everything else in between

krb

Thursday, March 18, 2010

What would I do without Seinfeld???

Seriously, this show never gets old!

Anyways, today turned out to be pretty productive, although my motivation to study for my BIG tests on Thurs is slowly dwindling, but Im not giving in just yet! Im just breaking it up into bits, a couple or so hours a day as opposed to 8 hour study sessions, no bueno!

I got a workout in today, did a lot of cleaning, grocery shopping, studying, talkin on the phone with some women, cooked a lot of food, went outside to enjoy the sun before the snow storm we're getting (apparently?)comes, today was about 70 degrees, so go figure!

Tonight I even got into the spa spirit and made a face treatment for myself! All this studying really does have a way of well, jacking up my complexion:( Honestly it just happens on my chin which is ironically the Kidney region is T.C.M., and is associated with the adrenals and hormones...a patient of mine in the clinic actually gave me the idea of the treatment, I got a little offended at 1st but realized she was just trying to help me.

SO here is the recipe-
-steam face
-mix Aztec bentonite clay with apple cider vinegar
-apply to face and any other affected areas
-let dry then wash off with warm H20
-use lemon juice as a toner

Honestly, this thing is taking forever to dry! But I feel more beautiful and radiant already!

Im really into home made beauty products, I also make my own body scrub using olive oil, epsom salt, and various essential oils, it is so cheap and works way better than store bought brands. A few years back I even took a class with this herbalist woman and we made lip balm, hand cream, a masque...it was really a ton of fun!

Another one of my "cleansing" rituals currently is to read a part of "You Can Heal Your Life" by Louise Hay each day. In the past year, I have read this whole book about 4 times. It is that good! I highly recommend that you check it out, it applies to pretty much anyone if they are open to it. Each time I read it, I gain something new and see it with different eyes. It;s an easy read too! Give it a go-

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try out your recipes. What kind of essential oils do you generally use? Like Lavender, Eucalyputs, etc? And where would I find these oils and the Aztec bentonite clay? Would I find these things at like Whole Foods or Sunflower Market? I'll have to check it out!!! Thnx for the awesome tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the benonite clay is at any natural food store, i got mine at sunflower, it's cheapest there i believe. the oils are just aura cacia, nothing crazy. i like peppermint most, but also mix some together. i have a lot from doing demos. as far as the oil goes for the base, just get a cheap oil if $$$ is an issue, any will work fine, just get it to a consistency you like. that mask really did wonders!

    ReplyDelete