Coconut Oil, Training, Chinese Medicine, REAL Food, Spirituality...and everything else in between

krb

Monday, April 12, 2010

Let the Tan Lines Begin...



Yep, it is that time of year...Tanline city baby! I went out to the park today to read and study and got some pretty wicked tan lines...at least Im no longer wearing my spandex cycling uniform anymore:) that made for some really crazy lines.

So, I got my new book in the mail today! I ended up reading the intro and the 1st chapter and absolutely love it! I had to literally make myself put it down. Ha! I never thought I'd say that:) Anyways, I couldnt have received this book at a more perfect time. Recently I have really been consciously been embarking on the deeper spiritual element of movement, exercise, working out, training, whatever you want to call it. I think it always has been a spiritual experience but lately I have just seemed to tap into it at a deeper level and it's pretty cool. Like I have stated before, it is just another symbolic entity that reflects the broader picture of life and your inner being of consciousness. Im still learning but that is what is so awesome about this and everything else in life. When we cease to learn, we cease to live.
Here is a little quote from my reading today..."the cyclist works with the wind by drafting behind a team member, the skier refuses to "conquer" the mountain and chooses, instead, to blend with its contours and undulations. You will discover that you gain wisdom by going with the way of nature, instead of opposing it egotistically. WHen you learn to cooperate with the way things are, instead of insisting on controlling or manipulating situations to your individual wishes, you begin to feel the fluidity and flexibility within your physical activity and the effects of this flow on all areas of life."

This part is in reference to the Tao te Ching, which is one of my favorite books by the way:) Anyways, I am super stoked to dive into this book. I realized today that I am probably reading maybe 4 different books other than school stuff right now! Ahhh! So many books, so little time...nah, there is plenty of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment