Coconut Oil, Training, Chinese Medicine, REAL Food, Spirituality...and everything else in between

krb

Monday, April 26, 2010

R-R & R

Yeah, that's right, REST, RELAXATION AND REJUVENATION! I successfully finished another term in school on Saturday! All the papers are in and everything is signed off...and I officially have less than a year til I am a licensed acupuncturist and herbalist. Sooo stoked! Anyways, this brings me to the topic of resting and supporting your bodies rejuvenation process. I am gradually improving on this...Lately I have been going on all four cylinders and by the time 8pm rolls around, Im pretty much toast! So, listening to your bodies cues during busy and stressful times is key. Often times I feel like I "need" to go out and do something or I "have" to go get this done. Well, in all honesty, I really don't "have" or "need" to do anything. Taking care of ourselves is of prime importance. Tomorrow is my first day off from work and classes for well...it's been a while. I'm going to go have lunch with my Mom and other than that there is nothing planned. So, Im going to just chill out, or at least do my best. even on days off sometimes I find myself running around like a chicken with its head cut off.
I was working up in Boulder today and met a woman who thought I was 38! No, I don't think 38 is "old" but I am 28...this really just humored me more than anything. She said I was very wise for a 28 year old, and I said well yeah, I think some of us have lived many lives. Lately, I've been thinking of all the random people I meet on a daily basis, in the grocery store, at the park, in the gym, wherever! I've realized none of this is by accident, you never know who or what is going to put in your path next so be present in the moment.
Lately, I have discovered a new passion in my TCM world, I've come to love working with women who are pregnant, trying to get pregnant or who have just given birth. Recently, I have been treating quite a few women in these situations and I just really enjoy it. It makes me appreciate the whole process a lot more, the creation, nesting and birthing phases of pregnancy simply just marvel me still. There is something really cool about being a part of such a beautiful evolution...

No comments:

Post a Comment