Coconut Oil, Training, Chinese Medicine, REAL Food, Spirituality...and everything else in between

krb

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

SOUL MATE

SOUL: The animating and vital principle in humans, credited with the faculties of thought, action, and emotion and often conceived as an immaterial entity.
MATE: a companion, comrade, fellow worker, chum, buddy or pal

SO, what do you think of SOUL MATES? I think we grow up with the notion that we will (hopefully) find our soul mate, get married, have children and live happily ever after...now don't get me wrong, I think this all sounds fantastic and all but do you ever stop to think that maybe you have many soul mates? That maybe perhaps soul mates don't have to come in the shape of a lover, a romantic partner, a sexual partner? I really believe that we have other forms of soul mates circulating throughout our lives. I can think of 5 people right now at this moment that I would consider soul mates. The people you havent talked to in years, but when you do it's like you just talked yesterday, the friend that you can just look at and you don't even have to say anything, almost like you both have ESP with one another, or the person you just met and you know for sure you know that person from somewhere or there is just something that instantly magnetizes you to that person...I can't really explain these phenomenons but I for myself see these people in my life as soul mates...

Personally I think yes, of course there is one if not many out there for all of us, but what is really monumental to me is once we strip away these ideas of what we think "the one" looks like or what" we should" be doing, i.e. getting married, having kids, going to a 9-5 job, we open ourselves up to what really is out there, whether that be meeting the one or getting married or whatever...because you see to me discovering love within yourself sets you up to fully embrace the love of others and in turn to give love away with no limits or conditions, and when you reach this level of freedom, not bound by labels or expectations, love will begin to take flight and you will begin to see it in more forms, far more vast than what we think it exists in...so in the end if you have tapped in the deep reservoir of love inside of yourself then it truly does not matter if you ever find the one or get the ring or have the kids...if you do however, it is all really just icing on the cake...and honestly I don't believe that love is to be "found", it is in us all, but for some reason we tend to run from it, hmmm, humans are funny creatures, so instead of running from the very thing we all truly crave the most out of life, why not embrace it and be open to it, what do you have to lose?

1 comment: