Coconut Oil, Training, Chinese Medicine, REAL Food, Spirituality...and everything else in between

krb

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

GO BIG! DREAM BIG!

So many mornings I start my day with a walk around the park or the neighborhood. It's become part of my ritual and seems to get me off on the right foot so to speak. I consider it a segment of my meditative practice, leading to the notion that you don't necessarily have to sit in the lotus pose for hours in dead silence to achieve or reach a meditative state. Anyways, yesterday on my walk I passed this 30-something woman standing on the side of a busy one-way street in Denver holding a sign that said, "GO BIG!", she was dressed up like a club kid from the late 80's/early 90's, bright bold colors, hot pink wig, and striped tights...She was also sportin a huge smile as all the cars passed by. Some of the cars honked as they passed and many simply just drove by. We made eye contact and we both smiled at each other, she really lit up my spirits. She was so unattached to anything other than just living in the moment and maybe just maybe invoking some inspiration or joy in another persons' morning, day, or moment. I thought it was really cool...
So coincidentally, right after that as I was approaching my apartment I walked by this car and the license plate appropriately said, "DREAM BIG!" How awesome is that?! It was a perfect start to the day for sure and reminded me to not only, go big and dream big but to also keep looking and paying attention to the messages, the signs, whatever you want to call them, they are all around us all the time, like the saying goes...occasionally just stop to smell the roses or at least slow down

1 comment: