Coconut Oil, Training, Chinese Medicine, REAL Food, Spirituality...and everything else in between

krb

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Ch-Ch-Ch-CHANGE

I feel like change is love/hate relationship...we either want things to change because we are not happy the way they are...we are too afraid to change for fear of being uncomfortable...we resist the urge to change and settle for anything...we feel like "what's the use anyways?"...or maybe we don't believe we have the power to change...or we don't deserve to be happy...or hell maybe we are just so lazy, we don't want to put in any effort to invoke any change.
Whatever it may be, those are all just illusions that we create. You see the mind has a sneaky way of fooling us, at least mine does. SO learn to decipher what is real and what is not, what is imagined and what is really possible.
To make change, it does take some work on our part, but isn't something that brings about strength, happiness, wellness, etc. worth it?
SOmetimes breaking it down helps ease you into the process, baby steps, as long as you stay consistent, believe in yourself and do your best, that's really all it takes.
-IDENTIFY THE CHANGE: become aware of what it is that you want to change, be very specific here, I've found that to be very helpful.
-BE THE CHANGE: get your mind in the game, start changing negative thought patterns into positive, self-enhancing ones. Identify your motivations, passions, goals, etc. One thing I like to do is create vision boards. My whole refrigerator is a huge "vision" board...it doesnt necessarily have to be a board though, all that matters is your intention and what it means to you.
-DEMONSTRATE THE CHANGE: Everyday take at least one step in the direction of your goal, every little effort counts. Get rid of black and white thinking and strive for a more balanced approach. Dismiss the notion that this has to be done to perfection, that will never happen. Trust the process be patient and give it all you have. I believe that passion and love can take you to new heights in life and allow you to achieve your wildest dreams.
-LIVE THE CHANGE: this is all about walking the talk, it's easy to talk the talk but to actually live it and be it is entirely different. Action is where it all comes to life. I can read self help books all day long but until I am ready to act accordingly with the principles, it really doesnt mean anything.
A life lived with PASSION and PURPOSE is really so amazing...I truly can't imagine it any other way.
Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Right on, Kyla! We have so much in common: State, food, movies, books and outlook on life are very parallel. Thank for this reminder of change, and let's share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! Do you live in Colo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kyla-

    You always hit on things I am currently going through in your blogs. We are connected somehow. Moreso now, than just going to high school at one point in time. I moved over the weekend-YAY!!!! Later in the day, I completely fell apart. Sobbing, I realized it was from being mentally and physically exhausted. That and CHANGE. I made it through this transition. (I don't do well with change.) What you wrote about on here in this blog made me realize that it's time to start embracing change. And to make that easier, get a plan. I cannot stress to you how much you have taught me. I was so excited to read what you'd blogged about over the weekend cause I wasn't able to check it until this morning.

    HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK darlin!!! xo

    ReplyDelete