Coconut Oil, Training, Chinese Medicine, REAL Food, Spirituality...and everything else in between

krb

Monday, March 8, 2010

Today's Workout


Well, today is the start of a new phase in the FBB program! ANd while Im stoked for more growth, strength and results...I'm also a little comfortable in this last phase. I suppose it's good to get into a new groove then right? As soon as we get "comfortable" it's usu time to put the pedal to the metal and move on, ya hear me? It really is quite simple, in order to bring about CHANGE...we need to CHANGE! This includes training, I think it's the missing link in many people's exercise regimes, we do the same thing day after day and expect to change. That doesn't make much sense now does it? It sounds more like insanity to me, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results...
Here is the WO for the day-
Warmup-
Squat to stand
Heel to Butt
Jumping Jack
Crossover Lunge
Lateral Jump
Inverted Hamstring
Single-leg forward and back hop
Lunge walk w/ twist
Single-leg lateral hop
Inchworm
Lateral Lunge
Bent over Y-T-W-I
Bridge March
Lateral band walk

This sounds like a lot for a warmup but once you get the hang of it, it takes about 10 min...it really does lube up all your parts and prepares you for the workout itself.

Define Phase WO A-
Woodchop
Plank

DB Squat w/ offset load
DB alternating Overhead Press

Single-leg bent knee DL
Chinup(w/ band if needed)

Alt Lat Lunge
2-pt DB Row

I will have to set all my weights today and see where Im at, then I will increase the weights as I progress. Today will be a little experimental.
This is also a 4-week phase and what is diff about this one is that the intensity will increase and the reps will decrease to 8 from 12, this will mean higher weights equaling more muscle building and more fat burning. These circuits will be performed for 3 sets before moving onto the following. Every circuit will have a rest period of 60sec before starting the next one.
As far as nutrition goes for this phase, nothing too crazy. I'll be timing my carbs more, eating them closer to workouts, this means at breakfast and post-workout. This is when your body is depleted and needs them most. It wont be hard for me as I am not a huge carb eater in the 1st place. I do better with higher protein/fat and moderate-lower carbs. So it's time to fill the glycogen tanks when it needs to be filled rather than just filling to fill. Another guideline for this phase is to limit fruits to 2 servings/day. NO problemo...as much as I love fruit, I do better with less. Also, most fruit isnt even in season so Id rather not eat it. Just because it's in the store doesnt mean it's at it's peak. Im all about eating what is in season. It tastes better or one and it is nicer to Mother Earth and just simply makes sense. The last guideline is to follow the "rules" 90% of the time, I like this rule! Black and white thinking will just set us up for failure, if we deprive ourselves we will just end up making ourselves nutz and most likely binging on something crazy. A more balanced approach is more practical and realistic. Life is for living right? If you enjoy something then by all means enjoy it! Honestly though, after you eat clean for so long, your tastes and cravings change...I usu see a craving as an underlying imbalance, but hey, sometimes you just want some icecream right? We dont need to analyze everything, but it is important to recognize our motivations and thoughts/feelings surrounding our cravings and desires. SOmetimes you have to ask yourself, what am I really hungry for? Am i trying to fill a void?

No comments:

Post a Comment