Coconut Oil, Training, Chinese Medicine, REAL Food, Spirituality...and everything else in between

krb

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It's in the Simple Things...

At this point you can see I really enjoy going to the park, I go there pretty much daily, sometimes to walk, sometimes to study or read, lay in the sun, meet friends, you name it! WHy do I love it so much? Well, I really find solace and peace in getting away from all the things that seem to dominate our society these days, i.e. computers, T.V.'s, commercials, phones, text messages, ipods, and the list goes on...and yes, I do in fact use these things, but I know my limits and have come to terms with the fact that sometimes Im a better person when I am not glued to these modern devices to make our lives "easier" or more "convenient"...sometimes I wonder, in world with so much information out there and all these modern inventions, well why the hell is there such a communication barrier? Yeah, I know what you're thinking, "it's because everyone is text messaging!" When did we stop listening to others, when did we stop saying hi to a person walking by us on the sidewalk, why are we incapable of talking to people to convey how we really feel instead of having to resort to posting it on a public internet social networking site?
Sometimes I really just crave living pure and authentically, like moving to Thailand and living on a beach practicing acupuncture and eating phenomenal cuisine, making real human connections and going to bed each night feeling whole and complete...ahh so nice!



No comments:

Post a Comment