Coconut Oil, Training, Chinese Medicine, REAL Food, Spirituality...and everything else in between

krb

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Happy Freedom Day




I went to my Mom's house on the 4th of July and just chilled, it was very nice and much needed:) I hadn't made it down to her place for a couple months so I had no idea how her vegetable garden had just blown up. I was in charge of making the salad part of dinner so I went out to the garden and picked lettuce, swiss chard, spinach and arugula. I have to say it was amazing! Have you ever had greens straight from the garden? I love it. It's right up there with fishing and eating what you caught that day...anyways, I cant wait to one day have a garden of my own. Even when I was selecting each leaf of lettuce and just simply being out there, I was filled with this calmness, it was very therapeutic and much like a moving meditation. I am really looking into ordering from a company called DOOR TO DOOR ORGANICS. They deliver locally grown organic produce to your door step however often you want em to. I think that sounds like a great idea...now it's just deciding which size "box" to get, i do eat a ton of produce...they have outstanding prices too, and I will be supporting our local farmers, a great investment all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment