Coconut Oil, Training, Chinese Medicine, REAL Food, Spirituality...and everything else in between

krb

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Obstacles are the Path...


"The obstacles in our path are the path. Every time we stretch beyond our resistance and our fear, we make a choice for life. And every time we choose life, fear loses its grip on us. We all know more than we think we do. And we are stronger than we believe ourselves to be. We come to our mats, and to our lives to learn by going where we have to go." - Rolf Gates

How do you perceive that which lies before you? A problem or an opportunity? What if everything that is placed in front of you is all part of the master plan? How would you live differently...knowing that it has nothing to do with luck or always getting the short end of the stick but rather an adventure to be experienced to move through the layer you are in...

I have to admit I do spend a lot of time being uncomfortable. This has actually been such an amazing kiss of grace and patience for me. All along in my life I wanted REAL...I searched for it, through many corridors and went down multiple alleyways looking for a way, to experience life and be ok in my own skin. Well, what I have realized is that sometimes it is sufficient enough to stop searching and simply be with what is. This for many of us, is rather uncomfortable. We may be accustomed to be in the driver's seat calling all the shots.

If a moment arises where we feel uncomfortable, there are a plethora of things or strategies that we can do to make us feel more at ease. Distractions come in so many forms it really doesn't matter what it is. When you boil it all down to it's core elements one thing remains and that is we try to run or not be present and experience what is. This is where the idea of real comes in for me...to be able to be present in that moment no matter how uncomfortable and allow it to do it's thing, letting go of our agenda and releasing all expectations and essentially going inside. This to me is where the essence of us emerges and comes to life. You see we all have this, whatever you want to call it. It is there, all we have to do is cultivate it and become one with it.

This at first was a challenging thing for me and still many times is, but like anything the more you practice it, the more comfortable you become with it and your perception then changes. This by no means indicates that suffering should be going on but rather feeling vulnerable, open, humble, fragile, or whatever it is for you...to me, when the intensity would rise, I would get overwhelmed and want to immediately change it so I didn't feel so out of control or what I perceived to be out of control. I would run in many ways, and as many of us know, if you run, the fear or baggage will most definitely chase you down.

We get to have the choice of when we stop running and face the music. To find comfort in the uncomfortable has given me a taste of what real is...life is real, love is real, and honestly I dont feel the need to label or explain it much. When you experience it, you know it. So ultimately, when you have these obstacles put in your path they are really a gateway to experience your real life...to journey inside yourself and break the walls we have created. When we crush the walls, the whole universe opens up to us and we open up through it...

1 comment: